This release fixed the chat bug on forge and the lack of bedrock on certain terrain generation symbols. It also fixes a long standing issue with linked entities behaving oddly on SMP.
I’m currently taking a small break from any major Mystcraft development until MCP for 1.3 is up and running. In the mean time I am trying to get some bugs in the current build fixed. I’ll put up another release in about 24 hours that fixes the chat and bedrock issues. I’m waiting to see if anything else needs to be fixed at the same time.
Note that this is a bad place to come for general support. The forums are much better if you have a question to be answered or an install problem.
If you find a bug then you can use the now public Bug Tracker system! This should help a lot with people trying to understand bugs and in reporting bugs.
At this point all bug reports should be handled through that. 🙂
The forge edition is confirmed to work with 164. 🙂
The current symbols are temporary and randomly generated, so be prepared for them to change again in the future. The style won’t change, but the randomly selected lines will go away in preference of designed patterns. This should be the last major change to them. 🙂
Change logs will be up later.
Testing is going well for tonight’s release of Mystcraft. I’ve fixed most of the priority issues for the moment and we are looking into the last big issue.
I want to try to get better distribution system for Mystcraft up. The current methods are too manual for me. I want something I can automate and control easily.
The release won’t be delayed for this, however. I’ll publish manually if I need to.
In other news, I’m announcing that I am not going to be picking up the other mod I had been planning. Since I did most of the designs for that mod with Exotria and Greychapel I’ve given them the idea to do with as they please.
Instead, I’m looking at picking up a project I have wanted to do for the past 10 years. Not a Minecraft mod, obviously. I don’t want to give out much information on this project yet, but I’ve codenamed it Project Spaceman (or just spaceman). More info will come as soon as more of it is done.
This new project will take some time away from Mystcraft, but not end its development. The other mod would have done the same, though perhaps not to the same extent. I should have enough time for both projects, though. Once school starts up both projects will get even less time, but such is life.
Anyway, release is soon! 🙂
The next release is targeted to this week. I wanted it out LAST week, but the symbol representations have taken longer than I’d hoped (and I’ve been doing other things as well).
At this point the symbol sprites are cleaned up and I only need to to assign actual component sets. I’m setting a hard deadline of Wed for the release, though. This has delayed things long enough.
I’ve updated the Minecraft Forums post and gotten (nearly) everything cleaned up over here. Still want a better downloads handler, but everything is functional. 🙂
So, since I haven’t been updating my blog due to the system instability of the machine it was running on I’m very behind for updates. Let’s see if I can rectify that.
I’m not sure where my last updates cut off so I’m just going to do a general update on everything since 0.8.6b.
Here’s what I’ve been working on in basically the order I completed it (though I moved a few things around for easier reading).
Along the way I’ve managed to inject and fix other bugs, but those are less interesting, generally.
The debug block deserves a bit of discussion. It is currently in so it is possible to play with the linking mechanics properties without the full crafting system. Since the crafting system and tech stuff isn’t finalized I wanted something that would allow for testing of these features and to allow you to play with them.
At this point the block has buttons for different properties, a slot for the item, displays the linking item’s linked dimension id, and a box to rename the item with.
I realize this post is very long, but hopefully it will show that I have been working and haven’t just been sitting around. 😉
OK, getting a download manager set up. Below are the currently available downloads. 🙂
Since the old server was having issues and my family was complaining about the loss of bandwidth I’ve moved. 😛
Dinnerdog has been kind enough to provide mirroring for the downloads in the past and is now hosting this new server for me. Thanks, Dinnerdog! 🙂
I decided this was a good time to look into using pre-established software for my site, rather than writing my own. Not enough time and it’s simply not worth the effort. I could be doing much more useful things, like working on Mystcraft. 😛
I’m in the process of getting most of the old posts copied over to here and getting this all set up and pretty. You should see the switch very soon. 🙂
I have been busy and working on Mystcraft despite the long silence. Sorry for not communicating what I’ve been working on, but I’ve gotten derailed here and there and just kept forgetting or having problems posting here.
I’ve changed how world data is saved. This is already in 0.8.6b, I think I’ve just failed to mention it. This fixes the Age Data save issues I was complaining about before. 😉 It could also improve the save handling for data for other mods.
As previously mentioned, I’ve got a new project environment and build system. This has helped a lot for moving forward with things and cleaning things up. Part of this is I’ve changed version control systems. I’ve moved from SVN to Bazaar. I really like some of the features there, especially the smarter change tracking and, obviously, the distributed nature of it.