Here’s hoping I can remember everything I’ve done recently to Mystcraft. If not then I’ll just make another post later. 😛 I keep my recent changes written down on my board, but I’m not at home right now…

  • Fixed the issue with age data not being sent to the client on log in
  • Changed the spawn random shift on the server so you won’t simply drop into the void immediately on skyland ages
  • Worked on the new lighting symbols
  • Fixed decay blocks causing tile entities to lose their data (ex. chests now retain inventory)

Now I’m going to focus on the API and crafting. I think that most of the weirdest issues are handled at this point. 🙂


Lectures are over and things are getting a little easier. Mystcraft development continues. 🙂

The first things I will do is solve some general issues and a few remaining bugs. Then I will be focusing on crafting and handling book properties. Lots planned in that regard. I’ll try to keep you posted.


I did some work and updated the Development page for Mystcraft.

  • Ores from the Forge Ore Dictionary should generate properly
  • Linkbook stands now have a GUI with a click-able (blank) panel
  • Decoupled the Ages from the Dimension IDs slightly. Copying Ages between saves should get easier.
  • Figured out the problem with EnderChests

The actual problem with EnderChests was fixed immediately after the release, but I didn’t even know of the issue yet. The problem was the Forge version of Mystcraft was saving the Ages as “Dim50”, “Dim51”, and so on instead of “DIM50”, etc. The chickencode.core which EnderChests uses expects the DIM convention to be used and will break if it isn’t. A not altogether unreasonable assumption, but still a bit incorrect.

I do not mean to sound harsh when speaking of ChickenBones’ code. ChickenBones is an excellent modder and has put a lot of work into many mods. Mystcraft just creates unprecedented issues which a lot of mods are having trouble dealing with correctly.


Teaching is exhausting.

I fixed the age data persistence issue (with data from other saves or servers getting copied to your current world). I’d implemented a semi-hack -fix on the Age Data to make it consistent for the server worlds. Now I’ve hack-fixed that to make it clear that data when the world changes. 😛
The actual issue is with how such data is handled. I’d expected it to be consistent and stored once received, but Minecraft seems to like to create clones of it. I understand what’s going on and it’s reasonable, it just doesn’t work well for me. In lieu of implementing a better data tracking system this will have to do.


My lectures start tomorrow so I have obviously been devoting most of my work time to that. My lecture slides are all laid out and I’m only missing some content for the last two days. I know what I will be talking about each day and what I’ll cover, I just need to fill in some blanks and add some pictures.

I managed to get the UI working for the book stands without too much difficulty. SamuelWolve’s images look great. 🙂 I played for a little bit with trying to get the link panel to actually display the other world, but I will have to wait on that until I have more time to play with the render code. I know the theory behind it, but not how to actually execute it in jogl.

I still haven’t updated the dev page for Mystcraft. I’ll try to do that tonight, if I’m not stressing about my slides.


Getting things done all round. My lectures and presentation are moving along slowly. The play performances start tonight.

I’ve also worked on Mystcraft. More than I really intended to, actually.

  • Tweaked the crystal generation code (increased valid locations)
  • Fixed the receptacle not dropping when broken
  • Tried to prevent non-linking items from being placed in receptacles
  • Refactored the age symbol and controller code in preparation for the API

The API is being worked on and is something I hope to have a basic version of fairly soon. I have a dry-erase board full of items to work on as well. Some of them will obviously not make it into the next release and will simply end up on the dev page, but they stay on my board until I write them all down. 😉

Also, Samuel Wolve has provided me with the images for the book GUI. Hopefully I’ll be able to make it look as nice as he did.